- Title: The Healthy Green Drink Diet – Advice and Recipes to Energize, Alkalize, Lose Weight and Feel Great
- Author: Jason Manheim
- Date published: February 14, 2012
- Pages: 176
- Our Rating: 7/10
As the name suggests this lavishly named book; The Healthy Green Drink Diet: Advice and Recipes to Energize, Alkalize, Lose Weight, and Feel Great features countless green recipes and smoothies with full-color pictures. Interestingly, for quite a few recipes, you don’t even need to own a juicer. [easyazon-cta align=”left” asin=”1616084731″ height=”42″ key=”amazon-us-tall-orange” locale=”us” width=”120″]
Unlike most other juicing books, The Healthy Green Drink Diet doesn’t ramble about unnecessary details which people never read. There is, however, a brief description of benefits of green drinks, which extras you should (or should not add), and tips on buying, saving, growing and storing different produces.
Meet the author
[easyazon-image align=”left” asin=”1616084731″ locale=”us” height=”236″ src=”http://www.juicersandrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/The-Healthy-Green-Drink-Diet-b.jpg” width=”200″]Jason Manheim is a green food advocate and runs a famous website where he shares his experience with his followers. Jason hails from Los Angeles, California and in addition to being a health and fitness enthusiast, he is also a WordPress theme designer/developer, techie and cyclist.
After a short introduction to the basics of juicing, the book touches on the green diet and then there are countless smoothie and juice recipes. Take a look at the table of contents for a better view of what’s inside The Healthy Green Drink Diet.
- Why go green?
- The Greens
- Adding fruit
- Adding “Superfoods”
- Sweeteners (if you must)
- Tips: Buying, Saving, Growing, and Storing
- The Green Drink Diet
- Think supplement, Not diet
- Making your green drink, equipment and how-to
- Juicing vs. blending
- Smoothies (recipes)
- Juices (recipes)
What we like about the book in question
- To the point – no rambling
- The simple, comprehensive approach to switching to a green diet
- The author has a nice, conversational style
- Most of the recipes taste great
- 80 color illustrations of smoothies and juices
- An ideal choice for beginners
What we didn’t like
- The book is a little thin in content – a few more recipes would have been great
- Aimed at total newbies – if you are an old juicing hand, there are just a few fascinating ideas for you
- Though the author claims the book is totally ‘green’, most recipes are fruit with little proportions of greens
Should you buy this juicing book?
[easyazon-image align=”left” asin=”1616084731″ locale=”us” height=”236″ src=”http://www.juicersandrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/The-Healthy-Green-Drink-Diet-c.jpg” width=”200″]We personally feel that a few more juice and smoothies recipes would have been great. Nevertheless, if you are new to juicing, and are looking for some powerful, alkalized juices and smoothies, The Healthy Green Drink Diet will surely please you. To get a copy of the book at a discounted price, place your order from Amazon – click one of the links below to read more user reviews or grab your copy: